The Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute (ARMI) requests the scope of work and fee proposals for support of the newly formed BioFab Startup Lab. Specifically, ARMI seeks to adapt and adopt a proven program that works with deep tech inventors and startups, ideally in the life sciences, to the specific needs of the biomanufacturing of cells, tissues, and organs.
The project includes working with ARMI team members to adopt a proven startup/inventor support program to the needs of selected portfolio companies developing therapies through biomanufacturing of cells, tissues, and organs as well as supporting manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Once the program is finalized, ARMI requests further support in the transfer of the program to ARMI, including hands-on operational support through the first year and broader support and advice through years 2-4 of the program.
Scope of services
It is the intent of this selection process to license a proven startup accelerator program in the life sciences and to engage the professional services of a firm or Consultant to provide training, adaptation and adoption support for the selected program.
Specifically, Consultant will provide:
- Advice and insights into the best practices for establishing the Startup Lab
- Support in selecting Startup Lab personnel and program governance / advisory structures
- A template or model of a proven program to be used as the foundation for the BioFab Startup lab.
The program should include:
- Company nomination, acceptance and onboarding process
- Creation of a bespoke plan for company development, including resources (internal and external) needed to assist the company in meeting milestones
- Recommendations for ongoing engagement process between company executives and BioFab Startup team and resources
- Customization of program to meet the needs of startups in tissue engineering and enabling technologies
- Guidance on Startup Lab operations including metrics and KPI’s
- Training and ongoing mentorship of Startup Lab personnel
- Access to program resources
ARMI desires to begin this project as soon as possible after award notification and end no later than September 30, 2026. Please provide a proposed schedule in the response.