- This event has passed.
Termis Americas 2022 Annual Conference & Exhibition
July 10, 2022 @ 8:00 am - July 15, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Welcome, Bienvenue, Boozhoo, Bienvenido, Bem-vindos
The TERMIS-AM 2022 Conference will feature an outstanding scientific program bringing together national and international communities of scientists, clinicians, industry leaders, post-doctoral fellows, graduate students, entrepreneurs, and representatives of government funding agencies engaged in the fields of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
Translating Tissue Technologies from Lab Bench to Commercial Manufacturing Line
The path to commercialization of a tissue product introduces unique challenges in process scalability, product consistency, and high final product costs. Furthermore translating these technologies requires navigating a complex set of regulatory guidelines, recruiting a qualified workforce, and raising funds to support development. The Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute (ARMI) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to make practical the scalable, consistent, cost-effective manufacturing of cells, tissue, and organs. ARMI is carrying out its mission by convening a diverse ecosystem of academic, industry, and nonprofit organizations to drive impactful advanced research and development activities that address TEMP manufacturing capability gaps. ARMI and its members are working to:
- Develop platform technologies for the manufacturing of cells, tissues, and organs that are responsive to industry needs
- Apply technology development to demonstrate scalable, modular, automated, and closed manufacturing for cell, tissue, and organ biofabrication
- Close the skills gap in tissue and organ manufacturing by providing lifelong training opportunities
- Disseminate knowledge and technologies through membership community engagement
- Focus early on developing a conducive regulatory strategy
- Develop and implement standards into manufacturing practice
Please join us for this scientific session on Tuesday, July 12 at 7:30 am to learn more about the translation work ARMI is funding and how you could engage with ARMI to advance your science toward commercialization.
Additionally, we invite you to join Sarah Piet, ARMI | BioFabUSA Scientist at the poster sessions where she will present her paper on Fluidic Seeding Enhances Bioengineered Tissue Fabrication In A Closed Biomanufacturing System and on the show floor in booth 13.