BioTrek is a project-based learning program for high school students.
BioFabUSA created BioTrek, a project-based learning program, to inform, attract, inspire and recruit students.
Developed by BioFabUSA, the program rests on three pillars: engagement with advanced technologies, familiarization with the principals of entrepreneurship and exposure to the education and career pathways that lead into the advanced manufacturing sector. These focus areas are wrapped around a student-led, design-thinking approach that lets participants concentrate on a problem area that holds real meaning for them and apply what they learn about technology and entrepreneurship to a real-world challenge.
Through the research and work associated with the program, students learn how to approach and solve complex problems and communicate their findings to a specific audience. Field trips to companies and universities help students learn how to interact with industry advisors, provide perspective on the professional opportunities available in the advanced manufacturing and technology sectors and increase awareness of the education pathways required to work in these fields.
Explore career opportunities, entrepreneurship and the next-generation technologies that comprise the biofabrication industry.
- Learn about the science, manufacturing, and career opportunities in regenerative medicine and biofabrication
- Identify a real-world medical problem that can be addressed through tissue engineering and biofabrication
- Conceptualize a tissue-engineered medical product (TEMP) that attempts to solve the problem
- Design a business model to quantify, finance, and market the TEMP
- Explain the problem, the product, and the business model concept to a panel of professionals in a final pitch event
Embark on a journey of discovery and growth with BioTrek.
Whether you’re a parent with a passion for nurturing curious minds or an educator committed to providing the best growth opportunities, ARMI’s BioTrek program invites you to unlock a world of possibilities for the next generation of explorers!
Please contact our Education and Workforce Development team at email@example.com to learn more!
Did You Know?
BioFabUSA piloted BioTrek in the spring of 2021 with two teachers and 100 students.
By June 2023 over 1,000 students across New Hampshire and Massachusetts had experienced BioTrek.